The Special Collections department collects and preserves rare and unique materials including rare books, oral histories, university archives, historical manuscripts, maps, microfilm, photographs, art and artifacts. Special Collections are publicly accessible to students, faculty, staff and the general public.
Special Collections Services & Collection Highlights
Browse digital exhibits of Special Collections materials.
The Special Collections Preservation Lab supports the department by preparing collection materials for use, exhibition, and long-term storage. Click here for more info on the Preservation Lab
Special Collections Blogs
- 125 Anniversary Retrospective – All about UNT History, this blog is updated regularly.
- Yesterday’s News – Highlights and new discoveries from the NBC5/KXAS Television News Archive, this blog is updated regularly
- Discovering the Southwest Metroplex – Created as part of a 2014 CLIR grant project, this blog is retired but contains great information on Metroplex history.
Follow UNT Special Collections on Facebook and Twitter
Special Collections is always looking for new donations. For more information please see the About Special Collections page.
- Special Collections : (940) 565-2769
- Preservation : (940) 565-2343
Location(s):Willis Library , Fourth Floor
1155 Union Circle #305190
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Head, Special Collections
Digitization and Metadata Archivist
Assistant to the Archivist
Archives Processing Coordinator
Preservation and Acquisitions Librarian
Special Collections Public Services Librarian
Special Collections Access Services Assistant
Special Collections Project Manager