Placing Items on Reserves
PAGE CONTENTS 1 minute read.
WHAT ARE RESERVES?
The UNT Libraries holds and distributes materials for instructors as required or recommended reading for their courses. These materials are placed at a service desk within the libraries or are made available online and can include books, articles, chapters of books, sample tests, videos, CDs, and DVDs.
To place items on reserves, please familiarize yourself with our reserves policies, and fill out one of these request forms or visit the appropriate Library Service Desk. Course reserves requests should be submitted by May 31st for the Fall semester, October 15th for the Winter and Spring semester, and March 1st for the Summer semester. In order to have material on Reserves in a timely manner, it is necessary for the Libraries to receive Reserves requests a minimum of two weeks prior to their initial use by students; otherwise, the Libraries cannot guarantee availability by the date needed. Additional time may be required for electronic reserves, media, and purchase requests.
Reserves Request Forms for Instructors:
- Books, book chapter, journal articles: Physical or electronic reserves
- Media Library Materials
- Music Library Materials
LOCATIONS OF RESERVEs at Service DESKS
Course reserves are divided among library service desks based on the course subject.
- Art, science, technology, humanities and social sciences: Located at the Library Services Desk, 1st floor, Willis Library.
- Music: Located at the Music Library Service Desk, and certain study carrels in the Music Library, 4th floor, Willis Library.
- Engineering, library and information sciences, computer science, and materials science: Located at the Discovery Park Library Service Desk.
- Government documents, economics, political science, geography, public administration and business: Located at the Eagle Commons Library Service Desk, Sycamore Hall.
- Media: Regardless of the course being taught, media (motion pictures, slides, videos, video-games, etc.) reserve materials are located at the Media Library Services Desk, Chilton Hall.