PAGE CONTENTS 1 minute read.
About the Digital Scholarship Committee
The Digital Scholarship Committee is a library-wide working group that seeks to develop tools, training, and research support for members of the UNT community and their digital endeavors. We define digital scholarship as any research that is presented with, created by, or about digital tools or culture. This broad definition ranges from the creation of new digital technology to scholarship about the effect of digital tools on society.
UNT Libraries specifically supports digital scholarship efforts by offering:
- An online Digital Scholarship/Digital Humanities Guide, with links to resources for a variety of digital projects
- Digital collections from units throughout the library
- Research Data services in the UNT Data Repository
- Online dissemination of research through UNT Scholarly Works
- Copyright, licensing, and distribution assistance through the Scholarly Communication Office
- Innovative publishing support through our Scholarly Publishing Services
- Tools and workspace for creative exploration in our new makerspace, The Spark
- Speakers, workshops and themed event weeks organized by the Digital Scholarship Committee throughout the year relating to digital scholarship, open access, and digital humanities.
We encourage any member of the UNT community interested in starting a project or receiving a consultation to explore the above avenues and stay abreast of news and events relating to digital scholarship. Follow our Digital Scholarship blog for news and announcements about events and resources at the UNT Libraries.