UNT Library Council on Diversity and Inclusion
PAGE CONTENTS 3 minute read.
The UNT Library Council on Diversity and Inclusion (LCDI) aims to foster a welcoming and caring community within UNT Libraries. LCDI identifies areas within UNT Libraries in which diversity, inclusion, and equity can be promoted or improved, and offers recommendations to Library Leadership.
Membership on the council is open to any full-time employees within the University Libraries. It aspires to include members from each library division.
For more information about LCDI, see our Charter, developing list of goals and accomplishments, and links to resources, and below.
(co-chair, Public Services)
(co-chair, Finance & Administration)
(secretary, Digital Libraries)
Kevin Yanowski (Cataloging & Metadata Services)
(Cataloging & Metadata Services)
Read our Charter and Values
2021-2022 Council Goals and Current Work
The LCDI has identified the following goals, priorities, and work for the inaugural council members to complete.
- Continue to develop and assess equitable hiring and retention policies and practices to improve diversity and inclusion across the libraries
- Begin initiatives to strengthen communication and awareness among library divisions and employees.
- Provide space for discussions relating to libraries and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
- Develop policies and practices as needed to improve DEI in UNT Libraries
- Improve the cultural expression, inclusiveness, and cohesiveness of UNT Libraries
Notable DEI Accomplishments and Activities in the UNT Libraries
The following library activities are being done across the libraries to improve and impact DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) work at UNT.
- Inclusive Excellence Award from the Division of Institutional Equity and Diversity
- First ever Division of Equity and Inclusion Diversity Fellow
- 2020 Libraries Climate Survey
- Faculty and Staff Diversity Hiring Guide and Process Changes
- Emoji Story Screening and Library-wide Discussion
- Land Acknowledgement Creation Guide
Campus Resources and Trainings
Library Resources Guides by Librarians (LibGuides)
- Library Council on Diversity and Inclusion (LCDI) Library Guide
- Diversity & Inclusion Library Guide
- Multicultural Center Library Guide
- Help Yourself Campaign
- Libraries D&I Interest Group (Internal)
- Office of the President’s Diversity & Inclusion Webpage
- UNT Human Resources
- Division of Institutional Equity and Diversity Employee Interest Groups
- Faculty Senate Committees
- DEI related Student Organizations via OrgSync